Wouldn't it be great if every home you were scheduled to show looked, smelled ,and just "felt" like it was ready to jump off the market? Of course it would! You might have the resolve of Annette Bening and be saying " I Will Sell This House TODAY!" but sometimes it's a challenge. Too often, agents find themselves using valuable time doing lots of prep work just to get a property ready to show. Dust, dirt, and grime have a way of showcasing themselves at the worst possible time, especially if a home has been unoccupied for any length of time.
But suppose you're lucky, and the home you're showing looks terrific? There are a few small things you can do to make the environment even more attractive. Consider these possibilities:
- Bring along a package of soft cookies from the grocery. Open the package and microwave it for about a minute on HIGH, then open the oven door. The smell of "fresh-baked" cookies will permeate the air.
- Grab an inexpensive vase and a small bunch of fresh flowers to place in plain sight on a counter or tabletop. The visual appeal is undeniable, and the sight of fresh flowers has been shown to be a positive lift!
- Back to the microwave (this also works on the stove top with a small and inconspicuous saucepan). Dump a mound of cinnamon into the bowl or pan and fill ¾ of the way with tap water - no stirring necessary. If you're using the microwave, nuke the combination for about 3 minutes; if you're using a saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil then drop to a simmer. Either route makes the air throughout the home smell as though something unidentifiable but wonderful has been (or is) baking.
- Carry a soft-pack of window wipes and a "magic eraser" sponge. Any unsightly smudges can be quickly and easily removed within seconds.
- Using a cotton ball, dab a few drops of oil (scents like lavender and vanilla are great!) onto any light bulbs that will be turned on. As the bulb heats, the scent is released into the air.
You may be thinking, "Great idea! But I don't have time to do this stuff; my schedule is crammed as it is!" That's where virtual assistants come in. We don't do windows or bake cookies, but we can get you focused so you "will sell this house today." Best Agent Business specializes in handling always-critical and often time-consuming tasks that keep you tied to your office. We offer an array of services tailored to your specific needs, creating time in your schedule for doing the "little" things that are can turn into subliminal selling points. Want to write a blog? Need a database set up to manage your leads? Yearn for a flier that sets you apart from the crowd? Best Agent Business virtual assistants can do all of these things and so much more!
If you could use help creating more usable minutes in your day, take 30 minutes today to schedule a call with Steve Kantor. Steve can show you how part-time virtual assistance can transform your business, so that you can transform your listings into homey, salable properties! Interested in a part time career with us? Visit our website for more information.
Part Time Virtual Assistants
Steve Kantor, President
Schedule a call with Steve Kantor at