Every single real estate agent is leaving thousands of dollars on the table by not consistently calling their clients and SOI. This is a huge mistake. The major source of real estate income is from repeat and referral business. If you have 300 clients or sphere of influence members in your database, you should be getting referrals from one out of ten of these individuals resulting in 10 to 30 deals per year. All agents should devote more marketing dollars or sales time to calling their clients and sphere of influence.
The most successful agents have a consistent daily habit of two hours of sales calling per day. You have a choice:
• Be like 80% of real estate agents who make little profit and do not make sales calls.
• Be among the top 20% and spend two hours a day making sales calls.
• Hire a business to make sales calls for you for two hours a day.
You can call them, Best Agent Business can call them, or you can have your assistant or agents call them. Every client is worth $500 to $1,000 a year in commission, and that is not even counting referral potential. It costs $5 to $10 for each live-answer call to your clients or sphere of influence.
Real estate agents also have a number of responsibilities when it comes to keeping in touch by mail or electronically. Creating a logo, flyers, business cards, websites, etc. all take time and money and most agents do not have any design experience. Best Agent Business has developed a graphics team that can take care of any of your design needs at a price that will amaze you.
If you need assistance with the designing of any materials or would like to have some of your existing materials revised or critiqued we are here to help. Here are some of the things we have created, revised, edited, and critiqued for other agents:
• Marketing Flyers
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Business Cards
• Letterheads, Envelopes, and Fax Cover Sheets
• Email Headers and Website Design
Most real estate agents are unfocused in terms of their marketing plan even once they have excellent print materials. Many have five to ten marketing segments and a mental wish list of five to ten more. Focus is always better. The three main marketing segments that a real estate agent should focus on are as follows:
• Client Marketing – Use marketing efforts to clients and your sphere of influence to earn repeat or referral business. This will result in 60 to 80 percent of your business.
• Seller Leads – Real estate agents should choose one direct seller lead marketing segment such as expired listings or for sale by owner properties if they are a true salesperson. If an agent does not excel in sales, they should focus on farm marketing.
• Listing Marketing – Look at how much you are spending on marketing labor and advertising per listing. Whatever that number is, a real estate agent should double it immediately. Post the listings more frequently on more sites and send more postcards and related mailings for your listings. This is the cheapest way to generate valuable buyer leads.
For more information on how Best Agent Business can help you improve your marketing practices and many other aspect of your Real Estate Business, visit us at www.bestagentbusiness.com, call (202) 297-2393, or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Virtual Assistants
Steve Kantor, President
Schedule a call with Steve Kantor at